Organize the community
Africa Bridge has always been committed to working with village leaders to implement our program. In 2017, we added new part-time employees we call Empowerment Facilitators to help us in many of the villages. Empowerment Facilitators are community members recruited by Africa Bridge from local areas. They receive training to assist us in working with the vulnerable children and their families. By the end of 2017, we hired 13 Empowerment Facilitators to serve in nine different villages. Their addition is a win/win because it helps us improve our operations and provides jobs in the villages.
Initial training sessions for Empowerment Facilitators included the following:
- Psychosocial care and support services for MVC (Most Vulnerable Children) Committees
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Parenting skills• Livelihoods, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy skills
- Data collection processes and methods
- Community counseling enhancement
- Sharing about the mission, vision, core values and strategic plans
© 2019 Africa Bridge is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Our federal tax ID #: 36-4381474
P.O. Box 115, Marylhurst, OR 97036
P: (503) 699-6162