Africa Bridge’s headquarters are located at Marylhurst between Lake Oswego and West Linn.
Our Tanzania field office is located in Tukuyu, Rungwe District and is staffed by two Tanzanian employees.
Meet our dedicated staff members below:
Executive Director, US
Sharon has an MBA from Portland State University and has worked as a community development leader as a passionate and effective advocate for causes that fundamentally change people’s lives. She has had an interest in Africa since she was in third grade and has worked on numerous projects in partnership with leaders and families. Sharon joined Africa Bridge in March of 2018 so that she can use her fundraising background to assist in effective networking that creates synergistic relationships that create lasting change for vulnerable children to thrive in Tanzania.
Finance Director, US
Keith has a BA in Economics from the University of California, Santa Cruz. He started in banking and migrated over to the craft beer business in 2002. As he helped a struggling small brewery establish its financial systems and get its footing in a very competitive international environment, he found great enjoyment in building structures that supported success. He joined us in January 2019 as our Finance Director with many years of financial accounting experience. He is excited to help Africa Bridge focus on the vulnerable children in Tanzania.
Co-op Coordinator, TZ
Ponsiano joined our staff in late 2015 as Co-op Coordinator. His work involves training and mentoring the many Africa Bridge co-ops engaging in diverse farming enterprises. Ponsiano has both a Certificate and a Diploma in Animal Health and Production, and has field experience in livestock and crop extension work. He is strong in the use of technology, and he transitions easily from farm to desk.
Most Vulnerable Children Coordinator, TZ
Kelvin has a background in Psychosocial (PSS) Care, Youth Sexual Reproductive Health (YSRH), and Early Child Development (ECD). Kelvin has a Bachelor’s of Arts in Public Relations and Marketing from St. Augustine University of Tanzania. He has worked as a surveyor for DK International and a Project Coordinator for Salvation Army. At Africa Bridge Kelvin works in MVC Case Management, and support services for MVC and Community Based Children’s Clubs.
Independent Contractor in Co-op Coordination, TZ
Noel has been with the Africa Bridge team since 2008, and serves as our very hands-on advisor and supporter of our village co-ops. In addition, he serves as an extension officer for local government. Noel is a trainer, advisor, and coach, and has been responsible for the launch of 50 village farm co-ops. He has taught hundreds of farmers and has monitored many hundreds of cows, maize fields, avocado orchards, and chicken coops.
Board of Directors
- Don Schmidt, Board Chair, Retired Partner, Hoffman, Stewart & Schmidt CPAs
- Benjamin Pettigrew, Vice Chair, Chief Operating Officer & Managing Partner/CEO Clearview Investments, Ltd./Crown Legacy Capital, LCC
- Laurie Cooper, Secretary, Africa Democracy and Governance Specialist, Counterpart International
- Zaria Mwenge, Deputy Secretary, TZ Program Advisory Board Chair
- Baraka Mtunga, Deputy Treasurer, TZ Program Advisory Board Member
- Barry Childs, Founder of Africa Bridge, Retired, Abbott Laboratories
- Asare Joseph, Lecturer and Acting Dean of Business Administration Faculty at Jayee University College in Ghana.
- Nicolette Joy Chen, Research & Compliance Analyst, HReasily
- Don Didier, Retired, Executive Director Youth Progress Association
- Ali Hassan, International Education Consultant
- James Lindsay, Sustainable Investment Professional
- Brenna King-Sabbi, Designer & Writer, Slidewell Studio, Creative 4 Cause, ROIA Living
- Jeremy Powell, Associate Agriculture Capital
- Scott Schorn, Global Community Volunteer
- Susan Stewart, Retired VP of Engineering, Blount International
Tanzania Program Advisory Board
- Zaria Mwenge, Social Work with Local and National Government - TZ Program Advisory Board Chair
- Alfred Mwakasangula, Retired Ward Councilor for Kisondela Ward, Region Government, Agriculture, Farming - TZ Board Treasurer
- Gerald Mgaya, Entrepreneur, Agriculture Business, NGO - TZ Program Advisory Board Secretary
- Baraka Mtunga, Techpreneur with extensive experience in software engineering, UhuruOne
- Ezekiel Mwakota, District Chairman; Lufingo Ward Councilor, Business
- Kenneth Lema, NGO, Medical Doctor Government & Private in TZ
- Lwitiko Mwalukumba, Medical Doctor in TZ; Masoko Village MVC
- Max Clary, Founder Organic Route NGO in Uganda
- Mathayo Mwakagamba, Architect, Mwaka Arch Consult
© 2019 Africa Bridge is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Our federal tax ID #: 36-4381474
P.O. Box 115, Marylhurst, OR 97036
P: (503) 699-6162