Africa Bridge’s USA office is located in Oregon.
Our Tanzania field office is located in Tukuyu, Rungwe and Busekelo Districts.
Meet our dedicated staff and Board Members below:
Executive Director, US
I'm delighted to serve as the Executive Director. I've helped Africa Bridge in various capacities since 2014, and have been to Tanzania 11 times to see and assist our incredibly hard-working staff in Tukuyu. My purpose in retirement is to help kids, and Africa Bridge is a wonderful way to do that. Prior to retiring I was a Human Resources director for a steel company, I graduated from the University of California with an AB in Rhetoric. I've been married for 50 years to Ellen, who was Africa Bridge's Program Director from 2013 - 2017. We have two daughters - Shelley, who lives in Beaverton, and Jenny, who lives in Chicago - and our honorary grandson Roan, who's 10 and lives in Portland.
Co-op Coordinator, TZ
Ponsiano joined our staff in late 2015 as Co-op Coordinator. His work involves training and mentoring the many Africa Bridge co-ops engaging in diverse farming enterprises. Ponsiano has both a Certificate and a Diploma in Animal Health and Production, and has field experience in livestock and crop extension work. He is strong in the use of technology, and he transitions easily from farm to desk.
Most Vulnerable Children Coordinator, TZ
Kelvin has a background in Psychosocial (PSS) Care, Youth Sexual Reproductive Health (YSRH), and Early Child Development (ECD). Kelvin has a Bachelor’s of Arts in Public Relations and Marketing from St. Augustine University of Tanzania. He has worked as a surveyor for DK International and a Project Coordinator for Salvation Army. At Africa Bridge Kelvin works in MVC Case Management, and support services for MVC and Community Based Children’s Clubs.
Independent Contractor in Co-op Coordination, TZ
Noel has been with the Africa Bridge team since 2008, and serves as our very hands-on advisor and supporter of our village co-ops. In addition, he serves as an extension officer for local government. Noel is a trainer, advisor, and coach, and has been responsible for the launch of 50 village farm co-ops. He has taught hundreds of farmers and has monitored many hundreds of cows, maize fields, avocado orchards, and chicken coops.
Board of Directors
- Reola Phelps, Board Chair, President, Headwaters Leadership Group
- James Lindsay, Vice Chair, Sustainable Investment Professional
- Don Schmidt, Treasurer, Retired Partner, Hoffman, Stewart & Schmidt CPAs
- Laurie Cooper, Secretary, Africa Democracy and Governance Specialist, Counterpart International
- Frank Brennick Jr., Lawyer and Finance Professional
- Barry Childs, Board Member Emeritus, Founder of Africa Bridge, Retired, Abbott Laboratories
- Baraka Mtunga, AB TZ International NGO Board Member
- Mathayo Mwakagamba, Consulting Architect, MWAKA Arch Consult, Chair of Africa Bridge Tanzania International NGO
- Benjamin Pettigrew, Board Chair Emeritus, Chief Operating Officer & Managing Partner/CEO Clearview Investments, Ltd./Crown Legacy Capital, LCC
- Ashish Shah, Consultant Shah Patel & Company, Suntrek Investments Limited
- John Worcester, Executive Director, Board Member
Africa Bridge Tanzania Board
- Mathayo Mwakagamba, Architect, Mwaka Arch Consult, Board Chair
- Alfred Mwakasangula, Retired Ward Councilor for Kisondela Ward, Region Government, Agriculture, Farming
- Gerald Mgaya, Entrepreneur, Agriculture Business,
- Baraka Mtunga, Techpreneur with extensive experience in software engineering, UhuruOne
- Kenneth Lema, NGO, Medical Doctor Government & Private in TZ
- Lwitiko Mwalukumba, Medical Doctor in TZ; Masoko Village MVC
- Max Clary, Founder Organic Route NGO in Uganda
- Kelvin Mosha, TZ Lawyer
- Angel Mwakasangula
© 2022 Africa Bridge is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Our federal tax ID #: 36-4381474
P.O. Box 115, Marylhurst, OR 97036
P: (503) 985-9551